List of Recognized Organizations or classification Societies In Cameroon 2023
In Cameroon, there are several authorized classification societies or Recognized Organizations (RO) that play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and compliance of ships. These classification societies are responsible for assessing and certifying the structural integrity, safety, and environmental performance of vessels. Here are some of the authorized classification societies in Cameroon:
1. ALFA REGISTER OF SHIPPING (AR)
2. Capital Register of Shipping (CRSCLASS)
3.CENTER MARINE CERTIFICATION SERVICE (CMCS)
4. DAKAR CLASS
5. DUTCH LLOYD (DL)
6. Eagle Classification of Shipping (ECS)
7. IMB SHIPPING AND TRADING CO.LTD.
8. Mediterranean Shipping Register (MSR)
9. OCEAN MARITIME REGISTER OF SHIPPING (OMROS)
10. Overseas Marine Certification Service, Inc. (OMCS)ROYAL CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY
11. Union Bureau of Shipping (UBS)
12. United Registration and Classification of Services (URACOS)
13. VEGA REGISTER DANISMANLIK ve TEKNIK HIZMETLER TIC LTD STI (VGRS)
These authorized classification societies in Cameroon work closely with ship owners, operators, and regulatory authorities to ensure that ships meet international standards for safety, environmental protection, and operational performance. Ship owners and operators can choose from these classification societies to obtain the necessary certifications and comply with international regulations.
PRIME TIME LAW OFFICES is your preferred maritime law firm to broker and facilitate all your maritime needs within and under the Cameroon flag and in collaboration with any of the Recognized Organizations (RO) or authorized classification societies, always use the contact page to talk to our specialists.
‘’The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. We insist specialist advice be sought depending on your specific circumstance’’
TO TALK WITH A SPECIALIST